Monday, January 25, 2010

Who has fed the fire in me???

Mr. Harvey..........He was the greatest teacher ever. I was lucky to have him my 5th grade year, seeing how he retired after my class. He was HUGE on language arts and that is my favorite subject! Yet, it's the one that I struggle with the most. Mr. Harvey gave me a challenge! At times I felt like he was setting me up to fail, but I did my best and pulled through. That was the year I got my first "A" in English. That "A" went straight to my head too, because I started to do homework right when I got home from school, rather than waiting until the last minute. That was the first time I felt smart. I started to irritate my mom by correcting her grammar. I still do to this day, and every time I do I think about how Mr. Harvey changed my life and lit the flame of perseverance inside me. Lately somethings been trying to put that flame out, but there are a few people, including teachers, that are trying to fuel it once again. :)

1 comment:

  1. When you take your time and get serious, you do a good job. Thank you Mr. Harvey!

    ReplyDelete

Comment me!!!! :-D